Information for Parents and Guardians
We understand that it’s important for parents to know that their children’s online activity is safe and that the websites they visit are child-friendly and age-appropriate.
At , we take kids’ online safety seriously. That’s why we’ve created Oyungemisi, a child-friendly domain where children can play online games in a child-friendly environment free of advertisements. On this page, we’d like to provide you with some more information about how this website works. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us at [email protected].
What is Oyungemisi?Oyungemisi is a website offering free online games suited to children and teens under the age of 16. All of the games you’ll find on this website are browser-based games. This means that these video games can be played directly via your internet browser window without having to download any files to your devices. The games offered on Oyungemisi are free to play, and do not feature any in-game payments or advertisements.
What We Do to Ensure Your Child’s Safety Online
Game Content Selection – For Oyungemisi, we’ve put together a hand-picked collection of games that are suitable for children under the age of 16. To safeguard our offer of child-appropriate games, we don’t rely on algorithms, automatic selection, or user-generated suggestions to furnish the games you’ll find on Oyungemisi.
No Multiplayer Games or In-Game Chats – At Oyungemisi, we do not offer any multiplayer games or other games featuring in-game chat functions. Such features create opportunities for (unsupervised) interactions with strangers, so we have excluded this type of game content from Oyungemisi.
Money – The games you will find on Oyungemisi are free to play and are free of in-game advertisements. This means that your child cannot spend money or make any purchases on Oyungemisi.
Advertising – We do not show any advertisements on Oyungemisi.
What Can I Do To Ensure My Children’s Safety Online?
To keep your children safe online, it’s important to help them understand the basic rules of online safety. Here are our top tips on what to discuss with your children when they are learning to navigate the web:
- Make sure your child knows never to share any personal details. This includes information such as their full legal name, home address, e-mail address, phone number, and so forth. Make sure your child knows it’s not safe to share this information with strangers or to post it online for other people to see.
- Make sure your child knows never to share the passwords to any of their accounts.
- Do you know what username your child goes by online? Make sure they choose a safe username. A safe username should not contain personal details, or feature abusive words or other content that invites negative or inappropriate attention.
- Make sure your child is honest about their age when services ask for their date of birth to determine the appropriate level of access to website content.
- Make sure your child knows to come directly to you if they ever experience any online interactions or encounter any online content that makes them uncomfortable.
If you continue to have concerns about your children’s online safety, you may also wish to research parental control protections to find a filtering service and/or hardware/software solution that best suits your family’s needs.